The first passenger flight landed at the Kyiv Airport, "Zhulyany", in 1924. Currently the airport is undergoing a stage of development aimed at creating international airport, which will take its rightful place among the best airports of Ukraine and the world.
The plans laid for the reconstruction of existing infrastructure, are: extension of the runway, building a new terminal, create a separate service areas for regular and charter flights, business aviation, flight general aviation, construction of hangars to accommodate the aircraft and their maintenance.
The Airport is working with various carriers who perform both regular and charter flights and business flights on private jets.
The airport is located south of the city of Kyiv, in the district Žuljany, and has two terminals, Terminal A for international flights, Terminal D for domestic flights and Terminal B for business flights (FBO).
Management company: International Airport ”Kyiv” (Zhulyany)
Address: Terminal A and D (international flights): 2, Medova str. - Terminal B (domestic flights): 79, Povitroflotsky av. - 03036 Kyiv (Ukraine)
Telephone no.: (044) 585-72-54
IATA Code: IEV
ICAO Code: UKKK
Country code: UA
From the Metro Stations of Shuliavska, Dorohozhychi and Syrets is leaving a trolleybus to the airport and vice versa. The public transport stop at the airport is situated 200 meters far from Terminal A, D, and 50 meters from the Terminal B. The final stage of the trolleybus № 22 is located in front of the Terminal B.
- Trolleybus 22 Kyiv Airport - Subway stations: Shuliavska, Dorohozhychi, Syrets
- Trolleybus 9 Kyiv Airport - Subway stations: Lva Tolstogo Sq.
A regular connection to the airport from the city of Kiev is active by Minibuses leave from the metro stations Shuliavska, Dorohozhychi, Petrovka, Lukyanivska, Vasyl'kivs'ka and Teremki to the airport and vice versa.
- Subway stations: Shuliavska, Dorohozhychi, Petrivka
- Boyarka - Starovokzalna St. (near Main railway station)
- Vishneve - Subway station Kontraktova Sq.
- Glushkova Ave. – Subway station Dorogozhichi
- Subway station Lukyanivska - Teremki
- Subway stations: Lukyanivska - Vasyl'kivs'ka - Teremki
- Vishneve city – Kyiv railway station
- Bus (transit transport) 78 Vasyl'kivs'ka – Smilianska St.
The airport of Kyiv is 10 km from the city of Kiev just 20 minutes following the signs for the city center (street E40).
Taxi service available from / to the airport.
The main car rental companies also operate at the airport.